Sunday, December 6, 2009

Myspace! Why does my layout look different in internet explorer than in mozzila? How do I solve this

I'm building a DIV layout and it looks totally different in IE and firefox, this has been a constant problem, please help



Myspace! Why does my layout look different in internet explorer than in mozzila? How do I solve this? Please?

its the browser....ie sucks and firefox and safarri rock....also ie messes pages up. its how the browser reads it...and lets face is, microsoft sucks



Myspace! Why does my layout look different in internet explorer than in mozzila? How do I solve this? Please?

This will be a constant and probably unsolvable problem for you. IE and Firefox both use different rendering engines which means that it will be nearly impossible to get a webpage to display the same in both unless it is extremely simple.



Got Jesus? Visit http://www.notreligion.com to find out more.



Myspace! Why does my layout look different in internet explorer than in mozzila? How do I solve this? Please?

Its because IE and Mozilla both have different standards to follow and different rendering engines too. IE follows it own standards while Firefox/Mozilla follows the Open Standards.



The answer to you question is, Trial and Error. All web designers experience this all the time when design for the web. Browser issues happens all the time.



To point out CSS styling,



- IE 5 below doesn't have a support padding.



- padding in Firefox/mozilla and IE differ a little bit pixel.



- Using % on width and height differs a in both browser.



Possible solution. Just make you div style fixed width, maybe it would help if you are familiar with css.



You may want to look at this. http://www.mouserunner.com/FF_SeeTheDiff...



And also this.



http://webdesign.about.com/od/internetex...



Just an info:



Mozilla uses the Gecko Layout Engine while IE (IE7 particularly) uses Trident Layout Engine. Both of them Engines are responsible for Web Standards and Compliance.



Mozilla also is a derivative of the Netscape Navigator, if you are still familiar of it.



Thats all. I hope you were enlightened.



Myspace! Why does my layout look different in internet explorer than in mozzila? How do I solve this? Please?

The resolution in Firefox is not as good

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dedicated server